Saturday, April 21, 2012

Blog 7


Hello once again inquisitive readers,

This is my final blog of my English class. It has been a long 18 weeks partly due to my inability to formulate correct sentences. None the less this class has served as a great learning experience for me. I’ve learned complex forms of writing analyses. Even though this is the penultimate week of class I still have one final frontier to cross and that my friends is my research paper. My research paper consists of the paper itself and also an annotated bibliography. The topic I decided to write about is “55 miles to gas pump” I decided to use historical criticism to analyze the text previously stated.   What was shocking though was that the topic proved quite challenging to write about.    It wasn’t that the text was hard to analyze or that I knew nothing of historical criticism the problem was that I just had no idea where to start or how to start. For this research I had to use my schools’ library web database to search for my sources. The yield of my searching came out to be quite scarce. The scarcity of my resources falls upon two concepts either I have no idea what to search or look for or there’s no information on my topic. Unfortunately, I did my discussion in the class at the very last minute, this in turn snatched the opportunity to discus with my classmates their findings and to get a better concept of my paper’s desired format. Writing this research paper will come as a big struggle for me due to the paper being so close to all of my final exams, a proper challenge I say.

The word count of this essay is at least 1200 words which is standard for this class. I already have a few ideas and connections that I can possibly run with for my essay.  In my personal opinion writing 1200 words won’t be all that bad. My real problem is what I stated in the beginning of the blog and that is my successful execution of grammar in my essay. I’ve noticed in my pass essays  my major down fall of my writings is my grammar use, there is none  ha-ha,  which I’ve noticed has most likely killed my chances of getting a higher grade on my essays.  I fear my own self review of my essays will not be enough to fix my papers of errors.  I dread the fact that I have no grammar skills to the extent that when I reread my work I do not have the ability to pick up any mistakes I have unfortunately made. This flaw of mine may seem to pose a problem in my future essays such as my personal statement for medical school. I digress back the essay that’s coming up I need at least five sources for my annotated bibliography. I will most likely have a couple of people read my bibliography over. After my annotated bibliography is finished all that’s left is my actual essay.  Wish me luck!

Thank you to all who followed me through my first blogging experience.

Till we meet again.

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment